Wockhardt Hospital, India, is a tertiary, super specialty healthcare service provider in India. It is one of the best hospitals in India. Wockhardt group of hospitals in India is the top destination for patients from Europe, USA, Middle East, Nigeria as well as Africa at large. The hospital has a special alliance with Partners Medical International, USA. This gives Wockhardt hospitals access to Harvard’s expertise in surgery and other medical services.
Wockhardt group of hospitals is owned by Wockhardt Ltd., India’s 5th largest pharmaceutical and healthcare company. Wockhardt hospital was originally called First hospitals and Heart Institute. It is one of the first corporate health care chains in India. On 11th September 2000 the name was changed to Wockhardt Health Sciences and later changed to Wockhardt Hospitals Limited on 19 October 2000.
Most of the Hospitals under the Wockhardt Group are NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare) accredited. NABH is the highest and most stringent quality standard institution in India. Wockhardt Super-specialty hospital in Mumbai became one of the first hospitals in the whole of South Asia to receive international accreditation from JCI.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Wockhardt hospital is among the fastest growing hospital networks in Asia and is the preferred destination for patients from Europe, USA, Africa, Middle East and South Asia. Wockhardt hospitals adhere to international standards of clinical care by following process driven quality systems with high quality medical and nursing care. Some of the awards received by Wockhardt Hospitals include:
- 1st hospital in Australasia region to perform Minimally Invasive Beating Heart Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- World’s 1st Awake Bypass Surgery with valve replacement performed on a patient without general anesthesia.
- 1st hospital to perform the open heart surgery for Aortic Valve Replacement using stent less valve.
- 1st Hospital to implant heart failure device as a bridge to heart transplant.
- 1st Hospital in South Asia to be recognized by the American Blue Cross & Blue Shield association on their worldwide network of participating hospitals.
- India’s 1st Heart Hospital to achieve ISO 9002 certification.
- Wockhardt hospitals join hands with Harvard Medical International (HMI), as associate hospitals of HMI in India.
- 1st Hospital in India to perform Vertebral Artery Angioplasty
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai is the 1st super specialty hospital to achieve accreditation from Joint Commission International (JCI), USA
Wockhardt Group of Hospitals are spread around different locations in India. Some of these locations include Mumbai, Rajkot, Nashik, Surat, Nagpur and Vashi.
- New Age Wockhardt Hospital ltd. It is located at Mumbai Central in the heart of the city’s central business district. The 21-storeyed hospital is known for pioneering innovative technology. The hospital is the first fully wireless hospital in Asia, first wireless ECG management system in India and first paperless ICU in Mumbai.
- Wockhardt Super Specialty Hospital, North Mumbai is a 14 storied, 330 bedded multi specialty hospital located in the northern region of Mumbai. They offer hi-end clinical care in Cardiology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics and Joint Replacement surgery. It is also equipped with 9 operation theatres with laminar Air flow system to achieve zero bacterial count.
- Sterling Wockhardt Hospital is a branch of Wockhardt hospital in Vashi. It is a 50 bedded, multispecialty hospital offering care in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, urology, Oncology, Pediatrics, Endocrinology etc. The hospital is equipped with one operation theatre with a dedicated Endoscopic suite.
- N M Virani Wockhardt Hospital, Rajkot offers care in cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, joint replacement etc. The hospital is equipped with 170 beds, 5 operation theatres and a dedicated Endoscopic suite.
- Wockhardt super specialty hospital: It is the first NABH accredited hospital in Central India. It has 118 bed spaces and a modern Cathlab. The hospital also has4 operation theatres with in-house diagnostic facilities like CT scan, MRI, EEG & EMG.
- Wockhardt heart hospital, Nagpur: is one of the pioneers of Angiography by the radial method in Nagpur. The hospital has 50 bed spaces, 2 cardiothoracic Operation theatres, Cardiac Catherization Lab, dedicated cardiac ambulance & 24 hour emergency heartline.
- Wockhardt hospitals, Nashik is the first corporate hospital in North Maharashtra. They offer care in cardiology, Neurology, neuro surgery, Orthopedics, Medical and surgical oncology etc. The hospital also acts as a regional referral centre for pathological investigations. The hospital is equipped with 200 bed spaces, 4 operating theatres, digital flat panel cardiac catherization lab etc.
- Adventist Wockhardt Heart hospital, Surat, is a super specialty Heart Care hospital. The hospital has 110 beds, 2 cardiothoracic operation theatres, dedicated cardiac ambulance amongst others.
The Core Specialty of Wockhardt hospitals are:
- Heart Care
- Bone and Joint Care
- Brain & spine Care
- Digestive Care
- Urology & Nephrology
- Aesthetic care (branch of cosmetic surgery)
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
SUPER SPECIALTY CENTRES
Wockhardt Hospitals has about seven super specialty centres. These are:
- Wockhardt Hospital & Heart Institute
- Wockhardt Heart Hospital
- Wockhardt Brain & Spine hospital
- Wockhardt Bone & Joint Hospital
- Wockhardt Eye Hospital
- Wockhardt Minimal Access surgery hospital
- Wockhardt Hospital and Kidney Institute
Medvisit is an official representative of Wockhardt Hospital in Nigeria, for further enquiries on Wockhardt hospital, please get in touch with us via:
Phone: +2348182522015, +91983 668 7899